RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Thursday 13 October 2016

THE VORTEX OF BLOG ALTERATION: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Bloggeration.
   Foolishly, I decided to flip the layout around so that everything on the left went to the right and everything on the right vanished in a digital puff of cybersmoke.
   Well. Damn.

*

There were at least two options open to me, and I mean barely ajar when I say open.
   The third option...ah, but I have no goats to sacrifice, not-so-gentle druid. Off with ye.

*

One option was to summon code from the internet and use wallpaper paste to fix it in place.
   I didn't care for that messy option. You'd only know it worked or shirked once the paste set...
   The other, painless, option was...
   Well, if you are bludgeoned enough, you'll be desensitised to the pain.
   The other option was to click a different layout. Just hit that button and flip the switch. So easy to flip back again. I flipped the switch.

*

What fresh hell is this?!
   Much juggling, and some coding, later, I pretty much had the blog under control. If you think it looks a little different, you think rightly.
   Sadly, the capacity to generate snow is much-diminished. The snow is gone from my blog, quite possibly for eternity. Aslan chomped the White Witch in two, and spring returned to Narnia.
   Something like that.

*

I've also lost two of my titles from the slideshow. Amazon isn't recognising those. Either I fix the glitch or complain vigorously to someone else who can fix the glitch.
   Alternatively, I may reinstate the old carousel. Shaking the blog out, the odd dead moth falls to the carpet. And what an odd moth that dead moth is.

*

Upshot? I'm forced to include a new image on the blog banner, with the title mocking me as I look on. A Vampire's Hallowe'en sits unwritten as I type.
   Though, as I type more, that will change.





No comments:

Post a Comment