RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Wednesday 28 September 2016

MAPPING INSANITY: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Today I added another dedicated page to this blog, which is a rarity these days, and then I republished INSANITY.
   Several of my e-books held images inside them. INSANITY carried a map. For reasons technical and strange, I shifted the map to this blog and reformatted the story to ditch the graphic.
   Yes, for reasons of cheapness. But cheapness that serves as a model for later, more complex, stories. I can't cram loads of images into a story and then pass the data-handling charge to the customer.
   Beyond that, I'll say that Amazon seems a bit twitchy tonight. The updated version of the book is out, and I know the hyperlinks are fine. I'm seeing a slight change in the way the Amazon preview is presented.
   Instead of discovering 10% of the story when clicking to look inside the e-book sample, I'm seeing that and a lone asterisk noting that the story jumped behind the paywall.
   Or something. I'll look into the general twitchy nature of Amazon's links over the next few days as I test this, test that. But I suspect it's (once again) an Amazon thing and nothing to do with me. This twitchy glitchy stuff doesn't affect readability for the purchaser. It sure as hell annoys the scribbler, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment