RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Friday 5 August 2016

BEHIND THE SCENES: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Writers scribble scenes. What lies behind those scenes? Activity. Why, look at that graceful swan gliding across the lake. How does it work, you wonder...


*

Underneath the peaceful mere, inside the clockwork swan's belly, there's a rat-faced goblin shoving a spike-laden stick in circles, connecting the wizard in the gizzard to the machine's cog-heavy dregs way down in the legs.

*

No swans were harmed in the writing of this blog.
   One goblin, tragically, died a fictional death.

*

Sometimes in life, and in fiction, events draw you away from the main action into curious alleys and quirky waterways.
   Worldwide embargo covering transportation of lithium-ion batteries by air? I'd better read up on that action. For. Y'know. Reasons.
   And so it goes. Activity. Behind the scenes.

*


I'm still running this blog monthly.
   When I have something more solid to report, I'll have something more solid to report. In the meantime, it's dinner-time, and I must away - to see to the ritual slaughter of packet soup.
   That polystyrene swan floating by, nodding, as if in sleep, or as though in danger of sinking gracelessly, conceals a fair deal of activity that may yet come to nothing.
   I hope it comes to something. There's a book giveaway and a contest off the back of it, for starters. But I have said too much, for I am, indeed, reading this aloud.
   Take this with you as you go. Writers. Read your work aloud. Also. Work on projects in secret, in case the polystyrene swan sinks atop a dying goblin.
   (Terrible sense of déjà vu as I typed that. I'm always rattling on about goblins and swans.)

*

Summary.
   Remember this great writing advice about, er, the polystyrene swan sinking atop the dying goblin. It's right up there with...
   Don't run with scissors.
   Definitely don't dance with wolves.
   Guest-writer, scribbling an intro to a book? Don't give the plot away. No. Seriously. I'm looking at you, FAMOUS WRITER WHOSE NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS BLOG.
   Obviously, I can't name the book in case that spoils things.
   My mention of lithium batteries hasn't destroyed the plot of the story I'm working on. I don't know if a book could be ruined by the release of a lithium battery snippet into the wilds...
   And on that note, adieu.
   







No comments:

Post a Comment